Tuesday 27 February 2007

Guru

In Western usage, the original meaning of guru has been extended to cover anyone who acquires followers, though not necessarily in an established school of philosophy or religion.

If the dinner I had at Guru Korean Grill & Bar is any indication of the above definition, this restaurant has achieved me as one follower. The dinner I shared with my friend, Mimi, was the best dinner I've had dining out in sometime. Mimi was an excellent teacher for my introduction to Korean food and each dish was a delightful combination of tastes. We had thinly sliced beef done on a grill. I don't eat beef usually but this was excellent. I even tried a seafood pancake with spring onions, and I don't eat seafood either. The rice with vegetables and hot sauce added a nice base for the other items. The condiments of kimchee, pickled bamboo shoots and cold potatoes in a light plum type sauce were tasty additions. Lots of tea rounded out our meal. A nice light meal that left me satisfied without being stuffed.

Highly recommended! I'm looking forward to introducing others to Guru. Location 1015 Fort Street.

No comments: